Excellence in Ag Award
The Excellence in Ag Award recognizes and rewards outstanding young Farm Bureau members who do not derive the majority of their income from an owned agricultural operation and have not in any of the past three years, but who actively contribute and grow their involvement in Farm Bureau and agriculture.
Basic eligibility requirements
- Must be a voting member of Indiana Farm Bureau.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 as of January 31, 2018.
- An Indiana resident.
- Applicant must not have derived a majority of his/her income from an owned production agriculture enterprise during any of the past three years.
Helpful entry form & application guidelines
- Do not use name, the name of county, or any names that may bring about the recognition or identification of the applicant’s county or state beyond the entry form.
- The entry form and application must be completed in first person narrative (i.e. I, me, we, etc.) for questions I-V. Applicants must use “A1” and “A2” to denote each applicant for all of question VI.
- Do not use abbreviations or acronyms.
Presentation guidelines & tips (final three competitors only)
- Presentation will be an interactive, 25-minute presentation, in which the applicant has an opportunity to share the contents of his/her entire application in narrative form with a panel of three judges and the audience.
- The only visual means in which to deliver the information is through a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation.
- Verbal and presentation references to applicant name, state and county will be allowed during the presentation.
- No props (including notes), sound or video will be allowed during the presentation.
Three state finalists will be honored at the State Convention during the awards program.
The state winner and spouse receive:
- John Deere Gator courtesy of Farm Credit Services.
- $3,000 cash prize from Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
- All expenses paid trip to AFBF Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tenn. January 7-11, 2018.
- Two runners-up receive a $1,000 cash prize from Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
DeadlineMay 1. Application should be emailed to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m.
Application is available online to download.
All applications and presentations will be judged by the same set of judges.
|Questions II-IV||150 points||37.5%|
|Farm Bureau Experience||120 points||30%|
|Other Leadership Experience and Goals||100 points||25%|
|Application Form||30 points||7.5%|
|MAXIMUM POINTS||400 points||100% (80% of Total Score)|
|Delivery of Presentation||40 points||40.0%|
|Content of Presentation||30 points||30.0%|
|Responses to Questions||30 points||30.0%|
|MAXIMUM POINTS||100 points||100% (20% of Total Score)|