(Leadership. Education. Action. Development.)
The Indiana Farm Bureau L.E.A.D. program is for individuals interested in enhancing their leadership skills, building their professional network, and understanding socioeconomic impacts on the agricultural industry. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of commodities and agricultural practices. These individuals should be committed to becoming more effective leaders at the local, state and national levels.
Applications for the 2023 class will open January 1, 2023, and close January 20, 2023.
The cost for the program is $250 per person. To be eligible for the program, you must be a paid INFB member in good standing for at least 30 days.
- Enhance leadership development skills of INFB members.
- Educate members on the importance of advocating for all types of agriculture.
- Allow members to network and build a broader understanding of agriculture in Indiana and across the country.
- Develop the next group of agricultural leaders.
- Applicants must be paid INFB members in good standing for a minimum of 30 days.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered. The application must be typed and answers to each question should be submitted in the space provided.
- INFB will pay for travel, hotel, meals and tips. A $250 deposit from the participant is required for programming materials and additional accommodations.
- Class attendance is a priority when participating in the L.E.A.D. program. Please review the dates below to confirm your availability. If you miss a session, you will not be eligible to participate in the trip or graduation celebration at the annual INFB state convention.
- Session 1: March 10-11, 2023
- Interpersonal Communications Training
- Building Your Leadership Brand
- Session 2: April 6-7, 2023
- Engaging in Government
- INFB Legislative Priorities
- Session 3: June 8-9, 2023
- Communication Skills and Presentations
- Session 4: August 27-30, 2023
- Out-of-state Travel Seminar (Location TBD)
- Issues impacting the state's agriculture and how it may differ from Indiana
- Production agriculture tours
- Session 5: December 14-16, 2023 (INFB state convention in Fort Wayne, IN)
If you have questions or would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.