The American Farm Bureau Federation is calling on lawmakers to provide critical resources to farmers and rural communities impacted by COVID-19.
As additional coronavirus relief is considered, Farm Bureau President Zippy Duvall sent a letter to congressional leaders outlining the need. AFBF’s list of priorities includes:
- Extending relief funding for losses incurred after April 15, 2020.
- Providing aid to independent and contract poultry producers and opening CRP acres for emergency haying and grazing.
- Expanding eligibility and increasing funding for the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Expediting implementation of the Broadband DATA Act.
- Providing housing funding to accommodate social distancing guidelines for H-2A workers.