When people enter the Farm Bureau Building during the state fair, they usually come for the air conditioning, the restrooms and the free food – specifically INFB’s famous popcorn and the food samples offered by the Women’s Leadership Committee during the three days of Taste from Indiana Farms.
But it’s the hope of INFB’s marketing team that they also learn a little bit about Indiana agriculture and farmers while they’re there.
One of the ways this information is delivered to fairgoers is through a series of videos that run on a continuous loop in the building. Each year, several members and their operations are featured. Here are this year’s featured members:
- Darryl and Karlanea Brown, Benton County – Shrimp production.
- Mark & Susan Smith, Montgomery County – Llamas and how they fit into the Smiths’ farm.
- Dennis Miller, Noble County – Duck producer for Maple Leaf Farms.
- Greg Kurtz, Wayne County – Large-animal veterinarian.
- Andy Fix, Shelby County – Kokomo Grain in Edinburgh, Indiana.
- Clarence Wullenweber, Jennings County – Vegetable production as well as the Jennings County Farmers Market, for which Wullenweber is the market master.
- Ryan Millett, Kosciusko County – Animal health company Zoetis.
- Dave Eby, Elkhart County – Aerial applicator and owner of AgriFlite.
- Matt Schafer, LaPorte County – Seed corn production.
- Michael Morehouse, Elkhart County – Irrigation.