Now is the time to begin planning to attend the 2018 American Farm Bureau Federation National Convention and IDEAg Trade Show.
The 2018 national convention will be held in Nashville, Tennessee, Jan. 5-10 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Planned activities include the AFBF Young Farmer & Rancher Discussion Meet competition, women’s leadership networking, the Rural Entrepreneur Challenge and the delegate session.
The convention also hosts the IDEAg Trade Show, which features approximately 200 exhibitors including major brands such as John Deere and Dow. Several county Farm Bureaus across the country also will be selected to showcase something out-of-the-box on the trade show floor, but those counties have yet to be announced.
Reba McEntire is this year’s keynote speaker at the closing general session on Jan. 8. McEntire will speak about growing up in rural Oklahoma on her family’s 8,000-acre ranch, her career and, of course, country music.
- Indiana Farm Bureau members will stay in the magnificent Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
- On Jan. 8, the Foundation Night Out Fundraiser at the Grand Ole Opry will feature some of country music’s best in this famous venue.
- Tours featuring Tennessee agriculture will be available on Jan. 6 and Jan. 9.
- The official breakfast for Indiana Farm Bureau members is Jan. 8.
- All hotel, registration, tour and foundation reservations are to be made directly with Chris Davis at Geraci Travel. Her contact information is located below and in the convention brochure.
- Many members will drive to Nashville, but airline reservations may be made on your own or through Chris Davis at Geraci Travel.
- Self-parking is $29 per day and valet parking is $38 per day at the Opryland Hotel.
For more information and to see the tentative agenda, visit fb.org/events. For specific questions or concerns, contact INFB’s Chris Fenner at 317-692-7853, email@example.com. For hotel registration, tour and foundation reservations, contact Chris Davis at 1-800-741-0719, firstname.lastname@example.org.