Indiana Farm Bureau
Feb. 5, 2016
For more information, contact: Ashley Beasley, 317-692-7830
Mindy Reef, 317-692-7822, firstname.lastname@example.org
Farm Bureau members still have time to sign up for the organization’s annual Spring Conference, March 4 and 5 at the Indianapolis Marriott East.
“AgVentures: Something for Everyone” is the conference theme, which plays a role in many of the breakouts sessions and speakers. The conference also offers opportunities to visit and network with other members. Following are some of the highlights.
- Workshops on Friday and breakouts on Saturday fit into three tracks: home/health, education/communication and farm/business. Featured topics include idea-sharing roundtables, scholarships and two sessions on Ag in the Classroom.
- A private applicator recertification program is available on Friday. The program spreads across two breakout time blocks; participants must attend both sessions to get PARP credit. The fee is $10 at the door.
- Friday night offers recognition for Ag in the Classroom, including scholarship awards for teachers and volunteers to attend the National Ag in the Classroom Conference, Reaching Out Awards and the AITC Volunteer of the Year. Other awards presented include the two Ag Education and Promotion Development Grant winners.
- Motivational speaker Paul Vitale is the keynote for Friday night’s session.
- A presentation from the 2015 Agriculture Cultural Exchange Ambassador winners takes place at 7:15 Saturday morning, followed by the announcement of the 2016 ACE Ambassadors.
- The conference ends with motivational speaker Dale Henry.
Live and silent auctions will benefit the Indiana National Guard Relief Fund.
Hotel reservations must be made by Feb. 18 to receive the Farm Bureau rate. Registration for the event is open until Feb. 26. Visit www.infb.org/springconf for more information and to register.