Drainage School promotes an understanding of the laws and regulations impacting drainage decisions in Indiana. Seminar attendees will gain a greater knowledge of drainage law and dispute resolution. Farmers, public officials, agency personnel, attorneys
and members of the general public are invited. Continuing education credit for attorneys and surveyors is being sought.
Presentations and Handouts
- Legislative Update
- What Can/Should a Drainage Board Member Do?
- Conservancy District Roles in Drainage
- In-lieu Fee Program
- A New River Basin Commission Model
- Is this a wetland under the Food Security Act?
- Does this project need a local, state or federal permit?
Speaker Bios (in order of presentation)
- Justin Schneider, INFB
- Luke Britt, Public Access Counselor
- Alan Hux, Taft
- Carl Wodrich, DNR
- Rep. Doug Gutwein
- Rep. Mike Aylesworth
- Sen. Rick Niemeyer
- Scott Pelath, Exec. Director-Kankakee River and Yellow River Basin Dev. Comm.
- Al Tinsley, NRCS
- Laban Lindley, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Randy Braun, IDEM
- Janelle Kozelichki, IDEM
- Aileen Driscoll, IDEM
- George Bowman, DNR