Young Farmer Discussion Meet
Today's Voices. Tomorrow's Solutions.
The Discussion Meet contest is designed to simulate a committee meeting, where discussion and active participation are expected from each participant. The Indiana Farm Bureau Young Farmer Discussion Meet will take place December 8 & 9 at the INFB State Convention in French Lick. Click here to read the 2018 Discussion Meet Eligibility Requirements.
Registration for the Discussion Meet can be completed through the State Convention registration form. AFBF has provided five questions. Contestants will be asked to prepare for five questions with one question not being used during the competition at State Convention. Significant monetary prizes, as well as other opportunities are available to winners of these contests.
Four state finalists receive plaques and recognition during the awards program at the State Convention.
The state winner will receive:
- $4,000 cash prize from Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
- All expenses paid trip to AFBF Annual Convention in Nashville, Tenn., January 5-9, 2018.
- The three runners-up receive a $1,000 cash prize from Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
2018 Discussion Meet Questions:
- Farmers are a shrinking percentage of the population. How can Farm Bureau help first-generation farmers and ranchers get started in agriculture?
- With a growing demand for U.S. farm products abroad, how can agriculture overcome public skepticism of foreign trade to negotiate new trade agreements and open new world markets?
- Formation of family farm corporations is common practice. How can Farm Bureau work to ensure that the public's positive perception of the family farm is not lost?
- How can farmers and ranchers maintain their buying power with the continued trend of input supplier and provider consolidation?
- How can Farm Bureau help members with increasing legal and regulatory obstacles so they can focus on farming and ranching?
Discussion Meet Resources:
- Discussion Meet Best Practices
- Discussion Meet Questions
- Discussion Meet Tips
- Discussion Meet Training Calls and Webinars