Applications will be accepted through Dec. 18 for the 2018 class of Leaders in Action, Indiana Farm Bureau’s own leadership development program.
The program is for individuals who want to enhance their leadership skills by becoming more effective at the local, state or national levels in both volunteer and elected positions.
Participants may come from anywhere in the state. However, because locations rotate between different parts of the state from year to year, the first two sessions in 2018 are in northern Indiana. Most of the sessions will be held from Friday night through Saturday or all day Saturday.
- Session 1: “Engaging Local Government,” Friday-Saturday, Feb. 9 and 10, Blue Chip Casino, Michigan City.
- Session 2: “Self-Leadership,” Saturday, April 7, Fort Wayne.
- Session 3: “Communications and Presentation,” Saturday, June 2, Indiana Farm Bureau headquarters, Indianapolis.
- Session 4: “Farm Bureau History and Opportunities,” Friday-Saturday, Aug. 3 and 4, Indiana Farm Bureau headquarters, Indianapolis.
- Session 5: Washington, D.C., Monday-Wednesday, Sept. 10-12.
Attendance at all sessions is required to be eligible for the Washington, D.C., trip.
The cost is $200 per person for Farm Bureau members, $250 per person for non-members. Some county Farm Bureaus may choose to pay for participants.
Participants will be chosen based on application review, and applicants will be notified of their status by Jan. 6.