YFAA Winners Dallas & Meggie Foster Hancock County
Dallas and Meggie Foster have a farrow-to-finish operation and raise nearly 1,300 acres of corn and soybeans.
Both grew up on farms, but when they started farming on their own in 2006, both worked full-time off-farm, Dallas as a farm manager at a nearby gilt multiplier facility and Meggie as a farm journalist.
These days, Meggie is the marketing manager at CountryMark Co-op, but Dallas works full-time on their own farm. Most of their acreage is rented, but in 2011, they purchased their first farm using the USDA Farm Service Agency’s Beginning Young Farmer & Ranchers loan program. They also own a feed mill.
In their “spare” time, Meggie writes a blog (www.hoosierfarmbabe.com/) in which she writes about the farm, cooking and fitness and busts some farm and food myths, while Dallas was recently elected president of the Hancock County Farm Bureau.VIEW MORE IMAGES
- July-17-HoosierFarmer (16)
- Jun-26-2017-HoosierFarmer (16)
- May-29-2017-HoosierFarmer (15)
- May-29-HoosierFarmer-Insert-FindYourVoice (10)
- Apr-24-2017-HoosierFarmer (14)
- Mar-20-2017-HoosierFarmer (10)
- Feb-20-2017-HoosierFarmer (7)
- Jan-30-2017-HoosierFarmer (14)
- Jan-30-2017-HoosierFarmer-Insert-DefiningOurFuture (4)
- Dec-27-2016-HoosierFarmer (22)
- Nov-21-2016-HoosierFarmer (51)
- Nov-07-2016-HoosierFarmer (28)
- Oct-17-2016-HoosierFarmer (35)