Convention just a couple weeks away
Farm advocate Trent Loos and YouTube sensations the Peterson Farm Brothers will entertain and engage members during Indiana Farm Bureau’s state convention, Dec. 8-10 at the Grand Wayne Convention Center in Fort Wayne.
Pre-registration has closed, but members who do not need a hotel room or meals may register on site.
The meeting officially kicks off with a Monte Carlo Night, expo (formerly known as the trade show) and silent auction preview the evening of Thursday, Dec. 8. Early birds may attend “Leadership for All,” a bonus session offered on Thursday afternoon.
Each county Farm Bureau will send representatives to the business meeting on Dec. 10, where they will elect Indiana Farm Bureau’s vice president for the next three years. The delegates also may discuss policy issues that have arisen since the main policy-setting delegate session in August.
Other convention highlights:
- Breakout sessions will take place on Dec. 9 from 10-11 a.m. and 4-5 p.m., and on Dec. 10, from 9-10 a.m. Topics include the coming farm bill, changing dynamics of production farming, farm data concerns and the 2017 legislative session, among others.
- A Private Applicator Recertification Program session will be offered on Dec. 9 at 9 a.m.
- An extended breakout on estate planning will run from 3-5 p.m. on Dec. 9.
- An Indiana wine and cheese reception runs 5-6 p.m. on Dec. 9.
- INFB President Randy Kron will give his first president’s address during the general session on Dec. 9 at 6 p.m. The finals for the Discussion Meet and recognition for the Hovde Award, Farm Family of the Year and Rural Teacher of the Year also take place during that session.
- The Peterson Farm Brothers will be featured at the closing luncheon on Dec. 10. During that same session, the winner of the Young Farmer Discussion meet will be announced, and the winners of the Young Farmer Achievement and Excellence in Agriculture awards (Dallas and Meggie Foster, Deidra Gottbrath) will be recognized.
The convention sessions are free and open to anyone. For more information about convention activities, visit www.infb.org/convention or call 317-692-7846.
- July-17-HoosierFarmer (16)
- Jun-26-2017-HoosierFarmer (16)
- May-29-2017-HoosierFarmer (15)
- May-29-HoosierFarmer-Insert-FindYourVoice (10)
- Apr-24-2017-HoosierFarmer (14)
- Mar-20-2017-HoosierFarmer (10)
- Feb-20-2017-HoosierFarmer (7)
- Jan-30-2017-HoosierFarmer (14)
- Jan-30-2017-HoosierFarmer-Insert-DefiningOurFuture (4)
- Dec-27-2016-HoosierFarmer (22)
- Nov-21-2016-HoosierFarmer (51)
- Nov-07-2016-HoosierFarmer (28)
- Oct-17-2016-HoosierFarmer (35)