Gov. Holcomb's Stay-At-Home Executive Order and Plan to Reopen Indiana
On Monday, March 23, Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order ordering Hoosiers to stay home unless traveling for essential items or activities. It's important to note that
agriculture was deemed an essential industry and can continue operating. On May 1, Gov. Holcomb announced a plan to roll back the stay-at-home order and reopen Indiana.
The list of resources below will provide information on topics such as H-2A, direct to consumer and general updates relating to agriculture.
These resources provided by state and federal agencies are designed to help with business and tax questions, general advice and how to apply for loans.
Contact information for the agencies that oversee transportation and trucking.
- Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles: https://www.in.gov/bmv/4363.htm or call 888-692-6841
- Indiana Department of Revenue: 317-232-2240
- Motor Carrier Services: 317-615-7200
- Oversize/Overweight Permitting: 317-615-7320
- Indiana Department of Transportation: 1-855-INDOT4U
- Indiana State Police - Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division: 317-615-7373
- State-by-state information on trucking restrictions: www.trucking.org
- The BMV has announced additional locations that will offer appointment-only hours for new Commercial Learner's Permits, new Commercial Driver's Licenses, and upgrade/downgrade for the CDL to add the tank vehicle or hazardous materials endorsement credential transactions.
To stay up-to-date on the latest information concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
Other state agencies and organizations have provided these resources to help with things like e-learning, business complaints, FSSA benefits and information for local governments.