Indiana Farm Bureau
* * * MEDIA ADVISORY * * *
December 2, 2011
For more information: Kim Vail, 317-692-7814, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindy Reef, 317-692-7822 (o), 765-426-1498 (m) email@example.com
Kathleen Dutro, 317-692-7824 (o), 317-727-0607 (m), firstname.lastname@example.org
Convention media room: 765-720-0719
Indiana Farm Bureau Convention to be next weekend in Indianapolis
Media representatives are invited to attend the Indiana Farm Bureau state convention, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 9 and 10. Most of the activities will be at the J.W. Marriott in downtown Indianapolis, except for Friday evening when the activities move to the Indiana State Museum.
A full schedule of events is available on the convention website, www.infarmbureau.org/convention/default.html.
A number of meals have been reserved for media. Please check in at rooms 105-106, which are the media rooms. Interview and work areas will be available for reporters there.
- Breakout sessions on Dec. 9 cover topics including ag nutrients and water quality, talking to consumers, working with local government and avoiding farm truck accidents.
- President Don Villwock’s annual address will be during the opening session on Dec. 9, which runs from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- A trade show featuring commodity organizations, commercial exhibitors and a number of informational sessions will run on Dec. 9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A general session at 4 p.m. on Dec. 9 will feature political humorist and grassroots advocate Patrick Haggerty.
- Evening activities on Dec. 9 will be at the Indiana State Museum. Finals for the Discussion Meet and recognition for Farm Bureau Young Farmer awards will take place at the museum.
- Membership and county awards will be presented following Saturday’s lunch.
- The election for IFB 2nd vice president will be held during the delegate session, slated for Dec. 10 from 9:45-11:30 a.m. During the delegate session, delegates can also choose to discuss issues that have arisen or changed since the main delegate session in August.