Indiana Farm Bureau
* * * MEDIA ADVISORY * * *
December 3, 2012
For more information: Kim Vail, 317-692-7814, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindy Reef, 317-692-7822 (office), 765-426-1498 (cell) email@example.com
Kathleen Dutro, 317-692-7824 (office), 317-727-0607 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Dietrick, 317-692-7818 (office), 317-452-6697 (cell), email@example.com
Convention media room: 765-720-0719
Indiana Farm Bureau to hold annual convention Dec. 7 and 8 Indianapolis
Media representatives are invited to attend the Indiana Farm Bureau state convention, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7 and 8. All of the activities will be at the J.W. Marriott in downtown Indianapolis.
A full schedule of events is available on the convention website, www.infarmbureau.org/convention.
A number of meal tickets for the Friday and Saturday lunches have been reserved for media. Please check in at rooms 105-106, which are the media rooms. Interview and work areas will be available for reporters there.
- Breakout sessions will be offered on both days and cover topics including water use, the national health care law, the U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance effort to build consumer trust in today’s agriculture, getting the most from crop insurance, fertilizer regulations and entrepreneurship.
- IFB President Don Villwock’s annual address will be delivered during the opening session on Dec. 7, which runs from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- A trade show featuring commodity organizations, commercial exhibitors and a number of informational sessions will run on Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Dec. 8 from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Young Farmers will be the focus of a general session on Dec. 7 from 3:45-5 P.M. The finals in the Young Farmer Discussion Meet will take up part of the session, followed by the announcement of the discussion meet winners as well as the winners of the Young Farmer Achievement and Excellence in Agriculture awards.
- Membership and county awards will be presented following Saturday’s lunch.
- The election for IFB president will be held during the delegate session, slated for Dec. 8 from 2-4 p.m. During the delegate session, delegates may also choose to discuss issues that have arisen or changed since the main delegate session in August.